Saturday 24 February 2007


Its nearly a month since we last posted on our blog so I thought it was time I brought it up to date. Since coming back from half term we have been celebrating Chinese New Year. Ashmead has a link with a primary school in Harbin in the North East of China. We discovered this week that we were all born in either the Year of the Rat or the Pig. We have used Chinese New Year as an opportunity to find out about traditional Chinese arts and crafts. This week we learnt about the ancient art of paper cutting. We discovered there's more to it than the snowflakes we used to make when we were younger. This isn't one of ours but with a bit more practice some of us might just manage it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I'd wondered where you'd gone...

Anonymous said...

Hi ms Ingham I just been on our blog and I think I will be at this paper cuting I`ve been doing it at home and everyone said Iwas geting good at it
your sincerely
pricess

Anonymous said...

I told my brother to try to make a snowflake but he couldn't (obviously)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Ingham! L.S's here, I like the paper cuting. I've tried it at home but it's not as good as that picture. Here's the other L.S!

Hi, I have not done any paper cuts at home , but I enjoyed doing them at school! Peace!

See you soon! from L.S and L.S

Anonymous said...

Paper cuts! I've just cut myself trying to do a really intricate bit. Needed 2 stitches and a tetanus injection. I'm going to stick to origami!

Anonymous said...

Well, while paper cutting just isn't my thing, I can skip... Hey! Stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

Reading it on the 24 February 2012, I wondered what the month thing was all about. Hiwever, it is nice to have a window on the past of Ashmead.
What has happened to our partner school since your last update?